EXPERTS IN THE NEWS
- Masks went away. Then anxiety spiked for high-risk travelers. - (Beth Wallace, The Washington Post, 5/1/22)
- Smartwatches can track COVID symptoms via heart rate - (Srijan Sen, Futurity, 4/21/22)
- Experiencing fatigue, memory problems after COVID? It’s more common than you think, study finds - (Bhramar Mukherjee, WDIV-TV, 4/21/22)
- Public health experts divided over masking on public transit - (Rafael Meza, The Hill, 4/20/22)
- Is wearing a mask while traveling still helpful if you’re the only one? - (Preeti Malani, CNN News, 4/20/22)
- Riders, drivers and infectious disease doctor react to easing of mask mandates - (Payal Patel, WXYZ Detroit, 4/19/22)
FOR MEMBERS: COVID-19 Data Resources
IHPI is supporting pandemic-related efforts by leveraging our strengths in pooling together data resources to help research and public engagement. A Google sheet (Requires U-M Level-1 login).was created for IHPI members as a compilation of available data sources on COVID-19 around the university.
COVID-19 Registries, Modeling, & Clinical Resources
From conducting studies and collecting data to developing best practices as they face the crisis on the frontline, IHPI researchers and clinicians are playing a critical role in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. This continuously-updated list provides an overview of COVID-related research projects and clinical resources developed by IHPI members and partnering organizations.
In June 2020, the University of Michigan National Poll on Healthy Aging (NPHA) surveyed a national sample of U.S. adults age 50–80 about their experiences related to telehealth visits; this was a follow-up to a similar NPHA survey conducted with a different national sample in May 2019. These surveys offer a unique opportunity to see how much has changed over the past year, which saw COVID-19 disrupt daily life in an unprecedented way.
HELPFUL RESOURCES, TOOLS AND VIDEOS
- Michigan Medicine COVID-19 updates
- University of Michigan community: Public Affairs COVID-19 page and YouTube video channel
- Michigan COVID-19 Modeling Dashboard: Expert modeling from School of Public Health and Medical School faculty
- Trails (Transforming Research into Action to Improve the Lives of Students) has a website with information and resources for supporting student and community mental health during COVID-19.
- U-M Poverty Solutions COVID-19 Pandemic Resource Guide
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s COVID-19 website
STATE OF MICHIGAN RESOURCES
- State of Michigan hotline: 888-535-6136 or visit michigan.gov/coronavirus
- Healthy Flint Research Coordinating Center - COVID-19 Webinars
STATE OF MICHIGAN QUALITY COLLABORATIVES
- Michigan Emergency Department Improvement Collaborative - Supporting the COVID-19 Response Across Michigan
Watch events featuring IHPI experts discussing the latest information on COVID-19 and pandemics.