Michigan Medicine is home to many coordinating centers for Collaborative Quality Initiatives (CQIs), which seek to address some of the most common, complex, and costly areas of surgical and medical care. The CQIs work collaboratively with health care providers throughout Michigan to collect data to a centralized registry. These data are analyzed and shared to identify processes that lead to improved delivery of care and outcomes, and guide quality improvement interventions. Support for the CQIs is provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network as part of the BCBSM Value Partnerships initiative.
The goals of the CQIs align directly with IHPI’s main objectives to evaluate how healthcare works and how it can be improved, and the majority of the Michigan Medicine CQIs are led by IHPI members.
Below is the full list of the IHPI-led CQIs - or review the complete list of University of Michigan Health System CQIs.
- Associate Project Director: David Bozaan, M.D.
- Project Director: Amir Ghaferi, M.D., M.S.
- Project Co-Director: Jonathan Finks, M.D.
- Project Co-Director: Oliver Varban, M.D.
- Program Director: Scott Flanders, M.D.
- Program Director: Jennifer Griggs, M.D., M.P.H.
- Project Co-Director: Shitanshu Uppal, M.D.
- Project Co-Director: Emily Mackler, Pharm.D.
- Program Director: Richard L. Prager, M.D.
- Program Director: Mark R. Hemmila, M.D.
- Project Director: Khurshid Ghani, M.B.C.H.B.