EXPERTS IN THE NEWS
- Waiving patents on COVID-19 vaccines no magic pill for shortage - (Nicholson Price, Marketplace on NPR, 5/6/21)
- Public health vs. pandemic fatigue: The COVID vaccine messaging conundrum - (Kenneth Resnicow, Michigan Radio, 5/6/21)
- COVID-19 was never going to have a Hollywood ending: ‘There is no nice, neat bow to tie this up’ - (Preeti Malani, MarketWatch, 5/4/21)
- Michigan pushing to reach the 70% vaccine threshold - (Ryan Malosh, ABC 57 News, 5/3/21)
- India's COVID-19 case total nears 20 million, as country records over 300,000 new infections for 12th day - (Bhramar Mukherjee, ABC News Australia, 5/3/21)
- Refusing the Covid vaccine is legal but could still cost you your job - (Nicholas Bagley, Bloomberg News, 5/3/21)
- Michigan Medicine opens clinics for adults, kids with long-haul COVID-19 problems - (Rodica Pop-Busui, Detroit Free Press, 5/3/21)
- The fight against vaccine hesitancy shifts to younger Americans - (Melissa DeJonckheere, Yahoo! News, 4/30/21)
- When could Michigan reach the 70% vaccine threshold, relax mask mandate? - (Emily Martin, MLive, 4/30/21)
- You're vaccinated. Congrats! Now what can you do safely? - (Preeti Malani, Michigan Radio, 4/29/21)
- No, other people’s Covid vaccines can’t disrupt your menstrual cycle - (Emily Martin, The New York Times, 4/29/21)
- India's COVID-19 crisis is spiraling out of control. It didn't have to be this way - (Bhramar Mukherjee, TIME, 4/28/21)
- Why mask mandates for kids continue even as case numbers go down - (Kengo Inagaki, ABC News, 4/28/21)
FOR MEMBERS: COVID-19 Data Resources
IHPI is supporting pandemic-related efforts by leveraging our strengths in pooling together data resources to help research and public engagement. A Google sheet was created for IHPI members as a compilation of available data sources on COVID-19 around the university.
Click here for more information (Requires U-M Level-1 login).
FOR RESEARCHERS: COVID-19 Funding Opportunities
The Office of the Vice President for Research has identified various funding opportunities to support researchers as they address the COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer back to this webpage for additional updates on funding opportunities related to COVID-19.
Additionally, the COVID-19 Research Index is available to index coronavirus projects and learn more about other collaborations.
COVID-19 Registries, Modeling, & Clinical Resources
From conducting studies and collecting data to developing best practices as they face the crisis on the frontline, IHPI researchers and clinicians are playing a critical role in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. This continuously-updated list provides an overview of COVID-related research projects and clinical resources developed by IHPI members and partnering organizations.
In June 2020, the University of Michigan National Poll on Healthy Aging (NPHA) surveyed a national sample of U.S. adults age 50–80 about their experiences related to telehealth visits; this was a follow-up to a similar NPHA survey conducted with a different national sample in May 2019. These surveys offer a unique opportunity to see how much has changed over the past year, which saw COVID-19 disrupt daily life in an unprecedented way.
HELPFUL RESOURCES, TOOLS AND VIDEOS
- Michigan Medicine COVID-19 updates
- University of Michigan community: Public Affairs COVID-19 page and YouTube video channel
- Michigan COVID-19 Modeling Dashboard: Expert modeling from School of Public Health and Medical School faculty
- Trails (Transforming Research into Action to Improve the Lives of Students) has a website with information and resources for supporting student and community mental health during COVID-19.
- U-M Poverty Solutions COVID-19 Pandemic Resource Guide
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s COVID-19 website
STATE OF MICHIGAN RESOURCES
- State of Michigan hotline: 888-535-6136 or visit michigan.gov/coronavirus
- Healthy Flint Research Coordinating Center - COVID-19 Webinars
STATE OF MICHIGAN QUALITY COLLABORATIVES
- Michigan Emergency Department Improvement Collaborative - Supporting the COVID-19 Response Across Michigan
Watch events featuring IHPI experts discussing the latest information on COVID-19 and pandemics.