The University of Michigan Health System is home to multiple Collaborative Quality Initiatives (CQIs) coordinating centers which seek to address some of the most common, complex, and costly areas of surgical and medical care. With funding from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) under its Value Partnerships initiative, the CQIs work collaboratively with health care providers throughout Michigan to collect data to a centralized registry. This data is analyzed and shared to identify processes that lead to improved delivery of care and outcomes, and guide quality improvement interventions.
The goals of the CQIs align directly with IHPI’s main objectives to evaluate how health care works and how it can be improved. As a result, IHPI members are leading the majority of the U-M Health System’s CQIs.
Below is the full list of the IHPI-led CQIs - or review the complete list of University of Michigan Health System CQIs.
- Associate Project Director: David Bozaan, M.D.
- Project Director: Amir Ghaferi, M.D., M.S.
- Project Co-Director: Jonathan Finks, M.D.
- Project Co-Director: Oliver Varban, M.D.
- Program Director: Scott Flanders, M.D.
- Program Director: Jennifer Griggs, M.D., M.P.H.
- Project Co-Director: Shitanshu Uppal, M.D.
- Project Co-Director: Emily Mackler, Pharm.D.
- Program Director: Richard L. Prager, M.D.
- Program Director: Mark R. Hemmila, M.D.
- Project Director: Khurshid Ghani, M.B.C.H.B.