Through a generous philanthropic gift from Lew Sandy and Sue Hassmiller, IHPI is able to offer the Sandy-Hassmiller Early Career Health Services Research Award.
Debbie Chen, M.D., Real-World Use of Systemic Therapies for Patients with Advanced Thyroid Cancer
Olivia Killeen, M.D., Improving Pediatric Primary Care Vision Screening to Decrease Avoidable Blindness
2022 applications have closed. Applications for 2023 will open in spring 2023
This competitive research award is designed to provide seed funding for IHPI early career faculty members to help catalyze new research.
The typical application process includes:
- Applicants must submit a proposal through Competition Space that includes:
- Written summary of the proposed project, maximum of 3 pages including citations
- One year project timeline, 1 page
- Budget and budget justification, maximum of 2 pages
Funding Details: Funding of up to $10,000 is available per project.
Funds are intended to cover direct project costs (e.g., data purchases, salary support for administrative staff, and/or research assistants/analysts) and cannot be used toward faculty effort and/or conference or manuscript fees.
Faculty Eligibility and Criteria:
- IHPI early career faculty who have been members of IHPI for at least six months by the submission date of their application.
- Early career faculty are defined as: Assistant Professor, Research Assistant Professor, Assistant Research Scientist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Research Investigator, Clinical Instructor, and Clinical Lecturer.
- National Clinician Scholars Program applicants must include a letter from their department chair indicating that they will be able to conduct their proposed research at the University of Michigan
- Projects must be health services research focused and have a defined “next step,” such as utilizing pilot project data/results to support a K-award, R01, or equivalent funding proposal.
- Preference given to multidisciplinary research teams with members from across campus and research that addresses health equity.
Questions? Contact Jodie Moore.