Dr. Burns' research interests include machine learning, medical analytics, scheduling, and hospital operations. He is a member of the Multicenter Perioperative Outcomes Group (MPOG), which is a consortium of anesthesiology and surgical departments using aggregate medical data to improve patient care, quality, and perioperative outcomes.
- M.D., Northwestern University
- Ph.D., Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Wisconsin
- M.S.E., Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Wisconsin
- B.S.E., Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan
- B.S., Microbiology, University of Michigan