The University of Michigan Institute for Healthcare Policy & Innovation’s Emerging Scholars Exchange Program is designed to provide career development opportunities for early career faculty via invited presentations at prestigious peer universities. Through the Exchange Program, early career faculty will have the opportunity to develop relationships with potential research collaborators, mentors, and sponsors; hone their oral presentation skills; and bolster their CVs as they prepare for promotion.
- IHPI early career faculty with at least 3 years on the tenure (instructional) track
- Have a robust research portfolio to discuss, but but have not yet submitted a promotion packet
- Have at least 5 first-authored research papers
- In the final years of building their CV for promotion, and/or have acquired but not completed career development award
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not already had multiple invited speaking opportunities at other universities.
Grace Lin, M.D., MAS, assistant professor of medicine and health policy, Division of General Internal Medicine and Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco