How to Apply
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. We encourage applicants to submit as soon as possible. We have selected our full cohort starting July 2018. We are now accepting applications for the 2019 cohort which will start July 2019. We actively seek a diverse cohort as we believe this will make TACTICAL more effective. The University of Michigan, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of Michigan is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or Veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. If you would like a copy of our original K12 proposal to NHLBI in order to help formulate your application, please email Brenette Logan for a copy. The following information will be necessary for the application page. Applications cannot be saved “in process”, and so this must all be collected in advance: 1. An academic C.V. If you do not have one already prepared, the University of Michigan guidelines on preparing a C.V. can be a useful model: http://faculty.medicine.umich.edu/appointments-promotions/packet-items/cv 2. Your top 3 areas of research interest in critical illness. 3. Personal Statement: In no more than 1,000 words, describe why you are interested in TACTICAL, including:
- Previous work and research experience
- Relevant leadership and service experience
- What do you wish to achieve?
- What are your career aspirations?
- In no more than 500 words, please describe an implementation science problem in critical care on which you might focus. Please briefly describe the evidence base for this problem, and why it is an implementation science problem.
4. References - Please provide the name, title, institution, capacity in which they know you, phone number, and email address of 3 potential references by former faculty, supervisors, or other relevant referees to whom we may reach out regarding your aptitude and appropriateness for the TACTICAL program. 5. We will acknowledge receipt of your completed application within 2 weeks, and select applicants will be invited to the Michigan campus for a day of interviews. When you are ready to submit, please CLICK HERE to go to the form.