Partner with the IHPI Data & Methods Hub (DMH) to find the right analyst to support your research data analytic needs!
Why should I work with the DMH to find an analyst?
Our goal is to help solve the “partial body” and “short-term funding” problem. Trying to hire an analyst is difficult when 1) only part-time work is available; 2) only short-term funding is possible. Our team has two options to help address this issue.
- Option 1: Purchasing effort from current D&M Hub analysts: If one of our current team members has effort availability and his or her skillset lines up with your needs, we can often arrange a partnership between you and our analyst. You as the partnering PI would pay for the percent of the analyst’s time required throughout the partnership.
- Option 2: Hiring new analyst through the D&M Hub. Depending on the level of effort you require (and effort required by other IHPI investigators with similar needs) D&M Hub can seek to hire a new analyst. For instance, if you require 50% of analyst time to perform analysis using Medicare claims and another IHPI investigator requires the same, we would seek to hire a new analyst with Medicare claims expertise. This new analyst would be part of the DMH community of analysts where they will be surrounded by potential mentors. We also provide standard desktop computing equipment and relevant software for your analyst. The D&M Hube would manage all aspects of the hiring, involving the investigator in the hiring process as desired.
Who do we typically hire?
Under Option 2, hires will be based on your needs. We tend to focus on quantitative analysts who will work with large claims, survey, or electronic health record data.
If I need Option 2, how does the hiring process work?
- Work with our team to define your ideal candidate and specific job role
- We search for another faculty member to share analyst effort with you
- The search process is initiated on your behalf
- Our team will work with you and partner faculty to interview and select top candidates
What are the minimum requirements?
We cater to investigators who need a minimum of 20% effort for a period of at least 1 year. Longer time commitments make it easier to find potential candidates.
How much will it cost?
Final cost will depend on the person hired, but in both Options you will pay the salary percentage that is agreed upon up front.
The DMH also charges a 5% annual administrative fee of the salary and benefits of all analysts under Option 2 to help us adequately resource the hiring service.
When can I start?
Right away! Simply reach out to email@example.com