IHPI offers its members a broad array of communication support to disseminate research findings to external and internal stakeholders. Services include:
- Developing individualized and targeted communications dissemination plans and outreach for IHPI researchers when research findings become public and when previously published findings become timely because of new policy developments.
- Disseminating the work of IHPI members via traditional and new media channels and connecting with reporters, in concert with U-M media relations professionals.
- Highlighting research via the IHPI website, social media (Twitter, LinkedIn), and the IHPI Informs external newsletter which is distributed to reporters, policymakers, associations and professional societies, and think tanks, among others. The IHPI Twitter account has approximately 3,000 followers, and IHPI Informs is distributed monthly to nearly 1,000 health policy stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Creating IHPI issue briefs that present research findings to lay audiences which are distributed to a wide audience of reporters, policymakers, and relevant stakeholders.
- Assistance in formulating and writing op-eds and articles for The Conversation and other widely read media outlets.
IHPI Members can (Level-1 login may be required on some links):
Meet the Team