IHPI offers its members a broad array of communication support to disseminate research findings to external and internal stakeholders. Services include:
- Consulting with members on communications options for their research, both when they first publish results and when past work becomes timely because of new policy developments.
- Disseminating the work of IHPI members & teams via traditional and new media channels and connecting with reporters, in concert with other U-M media relations professionals.
- Highlighting research via the IHPI website, in a way that links news items to each member's online profile.
- Publishing the IHPI Informs external newsletter which is distributed to reporters, policymakers, associations and professional societies, and think tanks, among others.
- Sharing IHPI members' work & institute news via social media (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Creating IHPI issue briefs that present bodies of research findings to lay audiences.
- Helping members formulate op-eds and articles for The Conversation and other widely read media outlets.
- Reviewing visual abstracts prepared by members to help them convey key research findings in graphic form
Learn more & find skill-building tools in our Communications Resource Guide (U-M Level 1 Login Required)
Other helpful links (U-M Level 1 Login Required)
- Read our member newsletter Inside IHPI
- Nominate a member for an Impact Accelerator Award
- Work with the Policy Engagement & External Relations Team
- Find out about making Sponsorship Requests for events and initiatives