The Center for Healthcare Research & Transformation (CHRT) selected six IHPI members for the 2016 class of the CHRTPolicy Fellowship. Now beginning its fifth year, the fellowship program builds connections between health services research and policy for more effective, evidence-based health policy decisions.
The selected IHPI members will join six Lansing policymakers to learn from a broad range of health policy leaders and subject matter experts, and to learn from each other.
Fellows will meet in Ann Arbor for seven, day-long seminars on health policy topics relevant to researchers and policy makers alike, plus travel to Lansing, Detroit and Washington, D.C. to see health care—and policy—in motion.
The 2016 class of University of Michigan research fellows and IHPI members:
- Megan A. Adams, M.D., J.D., M.Sc., clinical lecturer, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, U-M Medical School
- Brian Callaghan, M.D., assistant professor, Department of Neurology, U-M Medical School
- Amir Ghaferi, M.D., M.S., assistant professor of Surgery, U-M Medical School; Assistant Professor of Management & Organizations, U-M Ross School of Business
- Edie Kieffer, Ph.D., M.P.H., professor of Social Work,U-M School of Social Work
- Paula Anne Newman-Casey, M.D., M.S., assistant professor, Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, U-M Medical School
- Shitanshu Uppal, M.D., assistant professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, U-M Medical School
The 2016 class of policymakers will be selected in late 2015.
The fellowship is guided with support and leadership from the University of Michigan Health System, IHPI, and the U-M School of Public Health.
Visit the CHRT fellowship webpage to learn more about the program and to register for application announcements.