Datasets available to IHPI members and their research teams
(most links below require Level 1 login)
Submitted by lhutchen on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 10:18am
- OptumInsight data from 61 million privately insured individuals, including inpatient, outpatient, prescription, laboratory, geographic and socioeconomic details for patients from 2001-2014.
- Health Care Cost Institute data from ~50 million patients (2008-2015). Data is aggregated from Aetna, Humana, and UnitedHealthcare to create a comprehensive view of healthcare spending in the United States.
- Medicare data from 55 million enrollees, including enrollment data for all and inpatient/nursing facility data for more than 8 million, as well as Part D prescription-related data for a large sample across multiple years. Data include:
- American Hospital Association Annual Survey data, with 900 variables from a cross-sectional study of 6,500 U.S. hospitals.
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project State Inpatient Databases (SID) for 12 states spanning 10 consecutive years.
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS) from 2003 through 2014.
- Truven MarketScan data from 2009 through 2015. The MarketScan databases reflect the healthcare experience of employees and dependents covered by the health benefit programs of large employers. These claims data are collected from approximately 100 different insurance companies, Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, and third party administrators.
If you are an IHPI member, follow the links above to learn more about individual data sources, or contact the Data & Methods Hub about accessing our data resources and services.